Thursday, June 26, 2008

The 3rd Article of Faith is....


Tommy was asked to give the scripture and opening prayer in Primary on June 15. The theme was Jesus Christ is our Savior so we chose the 3rd Article of Faith. Tommy memorized it. He did a great job and we are so proud of him. (Stay tuned as soon as I find my camera I am going to record and post it). We have been working on learning the Articles of Faith. Tommy's favorites are the articles that say the Holy Ghost (#1 and #4).

I would like to report that our family nights and scripture study are reverent and productive, the truth is that I often wonder why we try? However, it is amazing what these little ones pick up when you don't think they are listening. An example- the other day I pulled some sad looking carrots out of the fridge and Tommy says,"Mom you need Green Bags!" and then something about how they release the harmful gas so your fruits and vegetables stay fresh. I cracked up, it was like I was watching the infomercial. It also made me realize how careful I need to be about what I say and do because he is always watching.

Tommy is such a fun energy in our home. Every time I get the slightest bit frustrated, he looks at me with those big brown eyes, smiles and starts laughing. Most of the time I am really trying to be serious, but he just puts everything back into perspective. His newest and funnest to watch tricks are the air guitar and push-ups, yes, I mean full body push-ups. What a ninja!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I love the green bag thing, LOL...what a smart kid

... and good job with famiy night. Way to persevere...look! he already knows the articles of faith. I am not sure that I know any by heart...maybe with a refresher course....

Cute...

Triple A said...

Aren't boys the best. They are such characters. I know what you mean about how kids are always watching. Most of the time it is a good thing...right?

Jim said...

Thomas the Tank is a terrific tyke! He will be as good an athlete as he chooses to be, but I suspect he will be good at everything.

Your children are fortunate they have you and Dan to emulate.