Wednesday, September 16, 2009

6 months later and not much has changed....

I still don't take pictures and each day I regret not having a better record of my kids, but I am not a photographer. Since our family photographer's (Grandpa Jim)last visit was in August, these are the most recent pictures of our family and what we have been up to:

Tommy, Nathan, and cousin 1st day of Kindergarten

Elaina and Lucy first day of 1st grade

Mom and Lucy at ward party

Nathan and Lucy being Nathan and Lucy

Really, the more I think about it the past six months have been quite full, we have have survived and enjoyed a new car, tonsils and adenoids surgery, birthdays, camping trips, family outings, youth conference, girls camp, shots, dentist appointments, a trip or two to Utah, summer fun and summer heat- thanks to our pool, air conditioning, and large pine trees, a few colds and strep throats, substitute teaching, Ragnar Relay Training (Dan not me), 1st days of Preschool, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade, and most recently a PTA fundraiser. I still would refer you to my sisters blogs or facebook for cute write ups and pictures of my little ones.

Now for the changes, I am hoping to start blogging a little more frequently- I often read others blogs, I just don't write anything, so I am going to write maybe once a quarter instead of every six months- for sure the next time our photographer (Grandpa) comes to town.
I realized today that I do not have an infant for the first time in six years, and will hopefully be free from changing diapers as soon as I teach Lucy how to open doors. This left me with a little longing for those not so distant days as I realized that we will probably not be entering into that time of our life again unless it is unexpected. I finally grasped a tiny bit of the feeling of old ladies when they say "enjoy them while they are young." Now I am not yet willing to accept that I am old or am I saying my kids aren't still young to enjoy them, but I am just finally separated enough from that phase in my life that I can see how you might miss it, and I, of course, wish I had understood it then. Oh well, nothing like the present to start trying harder to enjoy it now.

The best thing about blogging is that every time I sit down and write something I always feel so grateful by the time I am done.....

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Your post made me smile! I love it. Thanks for being such a great friend. I look forward to seeing you again sooner than later!

Callie said...

Great post. I'm assuming you're referring to Bec in the pictures department! It is fun to know all you've been through and know you would be as well acquainted with my list of happenings. I am so glad you're my sister.

Jim said...

Your photographer is looking forward to another visit. I really enjoy your posts. How about once a month (at least) instead of once a quarter?

I miss having infant grandchildren. The unexpected would be welcome news in our home.

You have a wonderful family, and you are a great mother.

Alisha and Josh said...

I enjoyed your post Tiff-it is good to see that I am not the only one who doesn't get to blogging as much as I would like to. Such an adorable family :)

Mandy said...

I am glad that I checked the blog this morning.
I love seeing you and the kids as they grow and change. I know that you are pretty on the inside because I tak to you and know your heart, but to see your picture now and again is fun. YOu are beautiful!
YOu have been busy and I am glad that all these things sound familiar. I am so glad that we keep in good touch. I did feel bad that I forgot about some of your recent things (the car and Dan's training). I feel like I am always the one talking and there is no time for you to get a word in except to encourage me. Like your sister said, you could list everything going on here... You are a terrific friend.


Anyway, I am with Jim. Once a month? :)

Oh and yes our babies grow up so fast. I can't believe it was nearly 7 years ago that I came to your house and held Elaine and let me head flop backward and freaked out that I wouldn't be able to hold my own newborn in 9 months! lol.
Love ya!

Britt said...

Derek and I are in Provo today and we were reminiscing about freshman year. Wow life has changed, four kids later. :) your family is so cute!

Triple A said...

tiff I've been wondering how you have been doing. Yeah I am terrible at blogging. I just don't have time. But it is so fun to see what you are up to. I will call soon.

Laura said...

That picture is so cute of your family. I think about you and your kids and wonder if you feel as crazy I do sometimes. I hope you dont mind me stumbling across your blog. Tell Christy she needs to do a blog, I just started and I love it:) Its such a good way to keep up with friends that you dont get to see everyday.

weavers said...

Hey! It was nice catching up with you tonight:) Here's our blog
kmsdjweaves.blogspot.com

Lovell Family said...

Tiff, you may not post often, but your posts are great! I can't imagine having four young kids, you're an inspiration. We're at three, and I'm pretty sure we're done, so I'm trying to enjoy the infant stage even though it's really my least favorite...call next time you're in town!