Friday, February 20, 2009

Savor the Teaching Moments....

While driving to my moms tonight, the boys started their usual brotherly kindness:
Background noise- Pogi blowing zirbits

Thomas(Yelling): "Stop Spitting on me!"
Mom (patiently): "Tommy please use your manners, ask him to please stop spitting on you."

Zirbits continue
Tommy (Still yelling): "Nathan, Please STOP SPITTING ON ME!"

The spray continues

Mom (still patiently): "Nathan do we use our mouths for spitting?"
Nathan(very confidently): "Mom, I am not using my mouth for spitting, I am using my mouth for tooting"

Spraying commences
My original plan was to remind him we use our mouths for kind words not spitting, but completely caught off guard by his reasoning it goes like this-
Mom: "Nathan we do not use our mouths for tooting, we use our bottoms."
Nathan: "OK"

Spraying stops.

About a half hour later. We are at my moms and Nathan with a grin...uses his bottom for you guessed it....as he puts it...tooting on his brother.

I know I am a Pro. I am raising little gentlemen.

9 comments:

Jim said...

I practically fell off my chair laughing. I could use a daily dose of the goings on in the Anderson household.

THE GARN FAMILY said...

Your kids are adorable! What have you been up to? Where do you guys live? Hope all is well, good to hear from you!
Shantil

Lovell Family said...

my almost 2 year old can burb longer than any child I've heard...It cracks me up, and I feel like a terrible mom every time I laugh!

Tara said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one raising little "gentlemen."

Mandy said...

I laughed out loud!

Kol said...

That picture of Pogi has to be my favorite ever! I'm so glad that I was present (through the phone) for the kid's shenanigans hahaha. I love you guys. I miss you a lot! Thanks for calling me.

McKeehan Family said...

That's so funny!! Little boys are so fun!

Unknown said...

hahahaha! so great! and you are a great mom, too!

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

Tiffney, I just found your cute blog through Callie's, whose I found through my good friend Megan, you know how it goes! Love your family pic!!!