Saturday, November 1, 2008

For those of you who wonder....

why doesn't Tiffney post on her blog very often?????

There are the parents who have it all together. They blog, they take pictures, buy new Halloween costumes each year instead of recycling the same costumes from at least two years ago(hey if it fits wear it, right??), they do crafts with their kids like carving pumpkins, and they on top of it--keep their house clean.

I am the parent who has just put her boys, Tommy and Nathan, in time out while I sit in the puddle of bubbles they just poured down my back and write this vent. I am the parent who buys all of the supplies to make fun ghosts and spiders, sets up all the needed equipment to play traditional Halloween games, and somehow runs out of time with nothing to show for it but a pile of supplies for next year. I mean Halloween is over now right? Is it technically too late to have a Halloween party? I am the parent who is going to refer you to her sister's blog (The Lamoreauxs) to see cute pictures of my sweet energetic family. I am the parent who has just noticed the pile of foam stickers on the floor for the twentieth time in the last two days- RR RR!!! how many times do I get to assist?? (harhar) with picking those stinking things up. I am the parent who now finally calms down, chuckles at my completely saturated wet seat- they were just trying to get my attention, and wonders do I even post this? Why not if I don't it may be another four months before I ....let my boys out of time out- time to go....HAHAHA isn't life grand. Happy Halloween everyone, it's on to Thanksgiving! Really we had a great night and my sister does have cute pictures!

15 comments:

Michelle said...

Tiff,
You are a crack up! I feel crazy with just my two. I compliment you for anything you can accomplish with four. You are a trooper! I have always admired how many things you can juggle (even back to the good old BYU days). We'll have to get together when I get back from Panaca in 2 weeks.

Callie said...

I LOVE IT!! No, it is not too late for a Halloween party..we'll be there with bells on(is that too Christmassy?)haha..love you.

Lovell Family said...

Love this post too....mainly because blogs alow people to pretend they've got everything together...which I'm sure any stay-at-home mom knows just isn't the case...these blogs can't fool me. I love your real life stories...cause everyone can relate!

Jim said...

Having had the opportunity from time to time of tending your very energetic but lovable children, I am always amazed at all you accomplish in addition to taking great care of them.

I enjoyed seeing the Halloween pictures of the kids on Callie's blog. The boys' hair was interesting.

Triple A said...

Tiff you are amazing and don't ever think different. Someday when our children are all grown up I think we will miss these crazy days. But I agree with your friend that blogs are a great way to pretend that our lives are perfect.

becbloggin said...

love ya sis! you are awesome and a great example to me. we'll keep working at it and get through it together! thank heaven for our fantastic family and friends...and honesty! we loved having elaina today :)

Janelle said...

Tiff, you are awesome and a great example to me too. Who cares if the party is late, your kids love you and you DO have an amazing family! Plus you can always call me if you need someone too.

Mer said...

Well, now I'm going to have to go check out the interesting hair that the boys were sporting. :)

You're doing great, girlie. It is overwhelming sometimes, and it's okay to vent about it too.

Unknown said...

and I love you! you are amazing and I loved this post.

You are the best! Can't wait 'til we get to chat again.

Melissa said...

Tiffney,
That is hilarious and scary because I'm only on numero uno! From what I can tell your a great mom. Hey and if you do have a party give us a call we'll be there too!

Clarks said...

It is never too late for a Halloween party. I am sure your kids are dying for an excuse to put those costumes back on. You are a better parent that me because you let your kids play with bubbles by themselves. I don't even want to know which one of my kids would get thirsty and take a drink.

Mandy said...

I just love you. We need to talk. I miss you!

Mandy said...

Tiff, by the way, I went to Callie's blog and saw your pictures.. Your beautiful princesses and super heroes look like so much fun. You are a great mom. You took time to help each one feel special.

Amanda & Aaron said...

Tiffney, I loved that last post. We are passing through Vegas on Saturday and again on Tuesday. Let me know if you will be around. It would be so fun to see you. -Amanda

Tara said...

You already have so many comments I don't know if you'll even read this, but I don't think the parents that "have it all together" actually exist. There are a lot of people who are good at putting on a front, but I do not personally know anyone who has it all together. I finally realized the other day that my house will never be spotless. Try as I might there is always a disaster lurking around the corner.
At least you can refer us to somewhere to see cute pics of your kids in costume, I have none. I also failed to carve pumpkins this year, Yup I'm officially lame, but that's OK there's always next year, right?