Sunday, October 5, 2008

What a difference 4 months make....


This is home sweet home. We have been living here for two months and I can finally say I am glad we bought this house. I have been glad but had too many reservations to really say it.

We have four bedrooms, a living room, a dining room, a family room and a swimming pool. It is not a mansion but it is in a culdesac and I am sure I prefer the latter.

Our life is completely different now than four months ago: Lucy turned one, we moved, Elaina started kindergarten, Pogi started preschool, Tommy and Nathan started soccer, and now that I start to list it it doesn't seem so crazy, but living life has seemed like a whirlwind.

I have my adjustments- cleaning three bathrooms versus the one almost says it all....but through it all the Lord has truly blessed us. After conference this weekend, I have pledged to be more grateful. So, no more murmuring until ...well probably tomorrow but I am going to try. All kidding aside, when I really stop and think about the tremendous gift I have in the gospel, it brings all other things into perspective. I am grateful for the hope I have in my ability to endure all things as I laugh at myself, more earnestly seek the Lord in prayer, and embrace the changes that come to us all.

I am still looking for my camera but when Dan's dad was here he took some pictures. My kids and I are so lucky to have others around helping to take care of the meaningful things like pictures.

9 comments:

Triple A said...

Tiff, I love the new house. I am so glad that you are finally feeling settled. Wasn't conference wonderful. I have to admit that watching it with kids is a little hard. But to hear those wonderful men and women speak is inspiring. Hey I tagged you, so go to my blog and see what you have to do.

Mer said...

I can't wait until we can come see your new house. :) Three bathrooms! What would THAT be like? :D

Dan in a speedo. Don't tell him I laughed, he might hurt me. :D But that's something big sisters don't really ever want to see, kwim? ;)

Tara said...

I want to come see your house and I'm so happy that you updated your blog. By the way, I know it's surprising, but I also endorse David Gibson for judge!

Lovell Family said...

Tiff, so glad to hear how well you're doing! So crazy to see how life turns out. Your house looks perfect...we've lived in this, our first house, for one year now, and still have reservations....sounds like yours is the much better deal. I was just in vegas visiting my friend whose daughter was diagnosed with cancer...it was a quick stay....we should meet up sometime, I'll probably be back in the st. george area soon! take care!

Alyssa Walker said...

Your kids are SO cute!

Mandy said...

I love the house! It looks great. Now I can picture you there. I love the big trees and the cul-de-sac. The pool looks like a blast. Oh and Lucy is a doll. She has changed so much since May (she was a doll then too, she is just older now!) (I feel bad that I missed her b-day. I need a copy of their b-days. I know October and Jan and March and when else..is that right?). I just love you and even though I am not there, and we don't see each other much... I wouldn't make it without you and your friendship. See you soon, then it will be my turn to see you at your place.

Melissa said...

Hey, I've been waiting for you to post some new things. I'm so happy for your family. Jeremy and I will soon be on the hunt for a house so any tips would be welcomed. We'll have to get togther some time.

Unknown said...

What a great house! I love the enormous tree in the front yard. It makes it look like you don't live in the desert! I have to plan a visit...soon! There is snow in Salt Lake today!!

Darren Weed said...

Hey Tiff, I'm excited for the new pad. Looks like the perfect little spot for you and your fam.

I was introduced to the blog world tonight. Fun to keep in touch.

Darren