Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Breakfast Picnic

Wednesday morning, 5/7/08, Dan and I were wakened by a bright flash of light. Elaina quickly told us in self-defense that it was time to get up because they, Elaina, Thomas and Nathan, had a surprise for us. When we came out of our room, we found them sitting just like this . They made us a breakfast picnic in the kitchen. While waiting for us, however, Pogi (Nathan) got a little hungry and then thirsty. This is the glass he lovingly offered to share with me.





Elaina loves surprises. Over the past couple of months she has periodically brought us breakfast in bed. The first time she brought me breakfast we had a trail of spilled milk from the kitchen to our bedroom. While grateful I felt it important to go over a few basic food rules. She is the master of ideas when it comes to the fruition of her surprises. So, after many attempts I think she has finally hit the home run! The breakfast picnic! Thanks Elaina you are so thoughtful and sweet-hearted. I love you!

5 comments:

Triple A said...

What sweet kids. Like we've talked about...isnt being a mom the best.

Mandy said...

Elaina is so sweet and smart... what a beautiful girl!

Unknown said...

I am laughing!!! It is so great to see into your life! I am so glad you are writing about these funny moments. Your kids are so cute and smart! No surprise...you're their mom!

Mer said...

OMGosh...the backwash is too stinkin funny!!! What a cutie patootie!

Carroll said...

How fun to read about your kids and see the great photos! I have tremendous respect for parents who are raising children these days when there is so much more to be concerned about than when Gary and I (and Jim and Nancy) were parents to a young flock. My hat's off to you and Dan for the wonderful job you're doing.

Blessings on one and all.